Thursday, May 15, 2014



Dear All,



From early on in our arbitration process, in fact, right after the very first meeting (and the next 3...)  I felt something was very wrong. I should have protested to higher authorities. I didn't know my rights, ie that I can bring counsel, or a 'Toen'. I believed that the process will be fair and honest. Little did I know...

However, I should have known better. I have first hand knowledge of a previous incident which occurred a number of years ago where a female employee of Aish NY was fired. When she wanted to adjudicate this case for compensation, Aish NY suggested a specific rabbi in Monsey NY. She went to have the case heard by him and did not fare well. One day she came crying to me and told me about her situation and that she felt it was unfair. I informed her that I felt this Rabbi was biased since Aish NY  had been paying this Rabbi monthly honorariums, which in essence made him beholden to Aish . At the very next hearing, when she asked the rabbi outright if he was involved prior to this case with Aish, he quickly turned his prior decisions and made Aish pay her what she wanted.
In my case, it bothers me that the very first thing that Greenman mentioned to Rabbi Cohen was that he rented his synagogue for Aish programs on a number of occasions... I should have walked out right there and than. It was all done.


No comments:

Post a Comment